Ongoing Volunteer Needs
The Wesley Mission Center is always looking for happy hearts to assist in this ministry of helping others and exemplifying God's love. Below are listings of some of the volunteer jobs available. Please take a minute to find the opportunity that meets your purpose, gifts and/or talents. Feel free to or call us at (817)473-6650 us with questions regarding volunteering.
- Thrift Store - greet and welcome customers, accept and sort donations, give donors receipts, hang clothes, move and place donated items in the store, maintain quality control of store, assist with creative presentation of merchandise, test toys/electronic equipment (if mechanically inclined), and run cash register
- Thrift Store Pick-up - pick up, load, and transport donations to the WMC, thank donors for their donations, give them a receipt, and move and place donated items in the store
- Food Pantry - shop, transport or pick up food, shelve the food, and prepare food bags for clients
- Client Care - greet and welcome clients, answer the phone, assisting clients with paperwork, sharing resource information, inputting data into the computer, assisting with reports
- Marketing/Communications - assist staff with weekly communications, including church e-newsletter, bulletin and brochures
To help in any program at the Wesley Mission Center, the first step is to understand your spiritual gifts and complete the Volunteer Application. You can learn more about volunteering online. If you are eligible, the Wesley Mission Center staff will notify you by phone.
Sign-up to receive the monthly newsletter and check any areas you have an interest in to be notified of upcoming events.