Hours of operation
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Financial Assistance (Mansfield Independent School District only)
Monday - Friday, by appointment
- Food Pantry Assistance (No district limits)
Monday - Thursday, by appointment
Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., walk-in
Individuals and families come to the C.A.R.E. Center to receive assistance in areas that will help them become more self-sufficient. A client C.A.R.E. staff person or trained volunteer meets with each person to help assess needs and provide the most beneficial plan of action based on the available resources and referrals.
For assistance, please call 817-473-6650
- Utility assistance (gas, electric and water)
- Mortgage/rent assistance
- Medical assistance
- Job assistance and referral program
- First United Methodist Church Mansfield and its support groups
- Referrals to other organizations
- Robin's Wings Women's Program
In 2012, the Mission C.A.R.E. Center financial assistance program provided over $100,000 in assistance and over 2,000 food bags to families in need. We could not do this without the help of the many wonderful people who donate funds and volunteer time.
Free Programs and Resources
The Wesley Mission Center's Job Program is available to all members of the community. Please call 817-473-6650 to make an appointment. The elements of the program are listed below:
- Job Consultations - For specific needs, such as updating a resume, preparing for an upcoming interview, job referrals, and skills assessments. All meetings are confidential. Materials needed for a job search are also available (professional clothing and portfolios).
- The Job Book - The job book is filled with postings of jobs that are available in Mansfield, Arlington, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, and more. The book is located in the C.A.R.E Center lobby and can be viewed during normal business hours. The book is updated every Thursday.
- Making Your Money Behave: Dollars and Sense, Wednesdays, 1:00 - 2:30p.m.
Learn how to budget and manage your finances. Contact the to sign up, or call 817-473-6650.
- Computer Classes - These classes teach basic and some intermediate computer skills, help improve computer skills and enhance marketability. Register online.
Excel classes, Second Thursday of each month, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Power Point classes, Third Thursday of each month, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Word classes, Fourth Thursday of each month, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Computer Lab - The Computer Lab is open each Thursday from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. This time is specifically set aside for those who are attending any of the above special programs and are searching for jobs or completing applications online, or typing job correspondence (resume, cover letter, thank you letter, etc.). Please call ahead 817-473-6650.
- Robin's Wings - These evening programs are offered throughout the year for clients and are designed to help encourage and motivate at-risk women in need of support.