Hurricane Harvey Relief
Hurricane Harvey has devastated the coastal areas of Texas as well as flooded Houston and surrounding areas with record rains. Many have asked how they can help, we have compiled a list of several ways for you to serve immediately and in the future:
- Pray— Help comes when we fervently and faithfully pray together for those affected.
- Prepare Kits— Help comes when individuals and families put together cleaning kits and health kits. You can find instructions to do that here.
- Donate— Help comes when we give financially to support recovery. There are several ways you can give. You can donate any amount here. In addition, you may send a check directly to our church made out to First Methodist Mansfield with DISASTER RELIEF in the memo line and mail to 777 N. Walnut Creek, Mansfield, TX 76063 or come by our Main Office, Monday-Thursday from 9 am-5 pm. Please direct any questions to the church office at 817-477-2287.
- Gift Cards— Help comes in the donation of gift cards for evacuees and first responders. Any amount is appreciated. $25 or $50 cards to stores like Walmart or Target have proven to be the best resources. You may also bring those to the church office anytime this week or drop it by a Connecting Point this weekend.
- Early Response Team Training— Help comes in the form of specially trained Early Response Teams who will be heading to affected areas. A team from our church will be leaving tomorrow. If you would like to be trained to do this work in the future, you can find more information here or contact Susan Luttrell with any questions.
Also, The Wesley Mission Center is serving as the first point of contact for hurricane evacuees in our community. More information is available on the Wesley Mission Center's website.