You are loved.
The Landing is a weekly program that meets on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in The Loft (Building A.) The teen version of Celebrate Recovery, this 52-week program focuses on the 12 steps of recovery along with eight principles created from the Beatitudes. As an extension of our Student Ministries, The Landing will be a safe place for students to create a God-centered life that can help them learn healthy coping skills and work through their hurts, habits and hang-ups.
To stay up-to-date with all our events, subscribe to receive our texts.
The Landing: Text LANDING to 68398
What do you need to know about The Landing?
- You don't have to be a member of First Methodist Mansfield to attend.
- You don't have to have a strong relationship with Christ.
- You really don't even have to know what you are struggling with.
All we ask is that you show up with an open heart that is willing to explore what it means to be loved by the one who created you and be open to what may need to be done in your life to bring you closer to who Christ has created you to be.
The Landing has three main components:
- Worship - Worship is a time for students to center themselves on the theme for the week and provides an opportunity for them to find peace in their crazy week.
- Breakout Groups - After worship, students will split into Breakout Groups based on gender and age, each led by two trained adults. During this time, students will process the week's theme and focus by answering questions as a group, participating in relevant activities and sharing prayer requests.
- Hangout Time - Although this may seem like the least important component, it is actually the most valuable. Students have time to connect socially with one another, talk to their breakout leaders and to just have a little fun.
For more information, contact Andrew Hudson, Students Ministries Director.