We offer the following support groups:
- Love Above All Cancer Support - Love Above All is a group designed to give individuals with cancer a place to come and share their struggles as well as getting support from each other in a safe, loving, and Christian environment. The purpose is to have opportunities for self-expression with people who understand their pain and struggles and focus on the blessings of each day as they go through the journey of their battle. The meetings are held the 1st Wednesday of the month in room 121 of the Wesley Mission Center. Childcare is offered.
- Breast Cancer Support - Have you or someone you know been touched by breast cancer? This group offers both support and resources for those fighting breast cancer. Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of the month in room C 7 of the Chapel Building starting at 7:00 pm and childcare is offered.
- Grief Support Group - The Grief Support meeting is for those who have participated or plan to participate in Journey through Grief classes. The meeting presents an opportunity for sharing, fellowship, and support for those who are on their journey through grief. Meetings are in C 11 of the Chapel Building and start at 6:30 pm.
- Caregiver's Support Group - Caring for loved ones creates challenges for family caregivers that bring increasing responsibilities and demands on time. The Caregivers Support Group offers a level of emotional support along with problem-solving and idea sharing that’s different from what a mental health counselor provides. Join us for a time of fellowship with others in the same season of life. Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month in the Atrium starting at 6:30 pm.
Starting September 11, 2017, at 6:30 pm:
- DivorceCare - A 13-week class for those going through a divorce, have recently been through a divorce or just need Christian support for any type of marriage separation. To register for DivorceCare, click here.
- DC4K - We have a program specifically for parents attending DivorceCare for their children. To see more about this program and register your child(ren), click here.
- Journey Through Grief - A six-week community service program to help those who have experienced any kind of loss, whether it is the death of a loved one or the loss of a job or health- and provide tools to understand and cope with grief. To register your attendance for Journey Through Grief, click here.
For information and meeting times, contact Debbie Black, Care Ministries Director.